- The progress on the solar lighting solutions for Roper Gulf towns
- The Roper Gulf electoral review and date change for the next local election
- The latest training provided to Local Authority members
- Information about Round Three of the 2014-15 Community Grants Program
- The recent community meetings in Larrimah and Daly Waters
- And much much more.
- Local community events and activities
- Economic development
- The physical or natural environment.
Applicants may apply for:
- Up to $1000 for minor projects, or,
- Up to $3000 for major projects
Applications for Round Three are NOW OPEN.
Closing date for all applications is 4.30pm 9th February 2014.
For more information please visit Community Grants >> of contact the Grants Coordinator on 08 8972 9038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annual Report 2013-2014 provides a comprehensive account of Council’s performance and features the major achievements and key milestones that our Council delivered for our region during the financial year 2013-2014.
To view full Report please download pdf link>>>
In this edition, read about:
- Borroloola’s new cricket pitch
- The Citizenship Ceremony in Ngukurr
- Hairdressing Training for youth
- Ngukurr’s crèche award
- Book launch in Numbulwar
- Beswick’s horticulture program
Download you copy by clicking here (PDF Link 2 MB) >>
Mrs. Lavender is the first person to undertake a citizenship ceremony in Ngukurr and the second person to undertake it with the Roper Gulf Regional Council. Ampro lives and works in Ngukurr, the iconic town on the banks of the Roper River and was thrilled to be able to take her oath in her home town.
Deputy Mayor Judy MacFarlane who conducted the ceremony said, “We are expecting more people to apply for citizenship ceremonies to be held in our Region and we are all excited about being able to welcome new Australians here in the Roper Gulf Region”, “Citizenship is our common bond uniting Australians whether your heritage is first Australian, Australian born or more recent arrivals. Our rich heritage stems from the contributions made by all of us. We join in welcoming new citizens,” she said.