Getting a drivers license in very remote communities in the Northern Territory however can be a real challenge for people living in these communities and not having a Drivers license can greatly reduce employability and social mobility. Continue reading
A quiet night in December 2014 erupted into a major incident for the Borroloola Night Patrol team when they were called a township home to assist a man who had been assaulted and had lost a large amount of blood.
Night Patrol provided immediate first aid and calmed down a large group of family and others until Police and the ambulance arrived. “It was a complete mess when we arrived, blood everywhere and the family was frantic said Team Leader Justin. We also knew the assailant left as we arrived and didn’t know if he was coming back”. Continue reading
Roper Gulf Regional Council has announced the development of a plan to build safe road and pedestrian links between the Ngukurr School and Shop areas. The key parts of the plan are;
- development of a heavy transport hub and loading area on the edge of town;
- building 400 metre pedestrian path linking the school, shop and civic facilities;
- provision of new parking bays and pedestrian and storm water culvert crossings at the School and Shop;
- 6 new solar street lights along the pedestrian path;
- upgrades to Rainbow Street curbs, drainage and footpaths; and
- planting 700 Indigenous medicine and food trees along the path and roads.
The NT Government has announced a $15,000 grant to provide support for the continuation of the Bush food and Medicinal Plants Streetscaping project at Ngukurr.
With this funding Roper Gulf Regional Council will lead the planting of 700 bush tucker and medicinal plant seedlings at selected public spaces in Ngukurr. These plantings will also be marked by interpretive plaques in local languages, Kriol and English. Continue reading
- The progress on the solar lighting solutions for Roper Gulf towns
- The Roper Gulf electoral review and date change for the next local election
- The latest training provided to Local Authority members
- Information about Round Three of the 2014-15 Community Grants Program
- The recent community meetings in Larrimah and Daly Waters
- And much much more.